My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

08 August 2009

Good Times!

So many of you know what I'm doing in my life right now, but some might not. In January I decided to get a gym membership. FYI-Costco has 24 Hour Fitness memberships for less than $300 for 2 yrs with no initiation fee. Anyway...I went in to activate my membership and decided to get 3 training sessions, they were having a deal. The first time I met my trainer I was thinking, "He must think I'm fat and crazy to be doing this." We chatted for a little while and I found out that he is a Christian and he even lived in Fresno for a while as a Youth Pastor at Peoples Church. Very weird and bizarre, but possibly meant to be. He did the BMI test, you know where they pinch your fat all over your body and it tells you what percentage body fat you have vs lean body mass. Oh happy day, NOT! Well, I won't tell you what it was, but it wasn't good and neither was my weight. I was the heaviest I have ever been, ugh!

By my second workout session with him I decided I definitely could not do this by myself so I took another deal, 10 sessions and get 3 free. In the first month I lost 18 lbs. Wooo hooo!!! So excited. Well, I am going to skip ahead to now. During the months of June and July I hit a wall of sorts. I was still training, but my cardio was not top notch and so I was somewhat stalled. I didn't lose anything at my June weigh-in...ok, I do have to say I had been to CA and on a cruise in May, so I at least had maintained. Well, about 2 and a half weeks ago my trainer was tired of me flaking with my cardio and I got a Bodybugg.

So this little device resides on my upper left arm at all times, except when showering. It is a mamba jamba pedometer. It calculates my steps and it reads my body heat, maybe something else I don't remember, but it calculates using my body heat how many calories I'm burning. Then I have to log-in to a website, www.my.apexfitness.com and log what I'm eating. So that has always been the death of any diet I've been on. Mind you I am not on a diet, I am changing my health for good and so this is a lifestyle change for me. Anyway, I hate logging my food. Needless to say, I am kinda enjoying it. I can see calories burned vs eaten, fat, carbs and protein amounts for the day. So my deficit is supposed to be between 500 and 900 calories daily, which amazingly enough is sometimes hard to do and other times very hard to do. I think I am getting somewhat obsessive about it now, but maybe that is a good thing. Maybe that means something is changing mentally for me along with my body.

Well, through much trial and many training sessions, yes I keep buying them, I have lost 50 lbs. You read that right, 50 lbs and 9% body fat. I haven't calculated how many inches, but it is a lot. Here is the thing...I still have at least 33 lbs to go, but it is hard when people keep telling you that you look good and/or that you better stop or they won't be able to see you anymore. Ok, I have lost a lot, but I still am not at a healthy weight yet. My trainer even went as far as to say, "Are you're friends telling you you look good?" I said, "Yes." He then said, rather emphatically, "They're liars! All girls lie. Yes, you look better than you did, but you still are not at your goal." Ok, ok...I know some of you are thinking what a jerk! But it's true. I do look better, but I'm not at my goal and when people tell me I look good, it gets harder and harder to keep going. Not that I want people to say I'm still fat, which I don't think I am anymore. But, do you get what I'm saying? He stung me at first, but the more I think about it I think he's right.

Well, I have also now found that shopping is not so easy. I used to shop at basically 2 to 3 stores. Pretty easy when there are limits to what fit. Now I can go into any store and find clothes that will fit. This alone, is very overwhelming. Of course, not knowing your real size is also frustrating. I can't buy too much because I'm still losing, but I need to buy some because some of my clothes are just hanging on me. Ah! Such a dilemma, a good one mind you.

Well, this last week was a mind breakthrough. When you are in the middle of losing weight it takes a while for your mind to catch up with your body. I have not been able to see myself as 50 lbs less until this last week. I have been wearing some of my new clothes, which fit and because of my newfound energy levels I am happier. At least that is what others say, I guess I hadn't realized how unhappy I looked or acted before. Things are looking up in my world right now. Thanks for reading, if you got this far. Check back later for updates!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

[late night posts mean many grammar mistakes!] I am really glad you feel better and are on the path to better health. It's a journey that's never finished in this life time. I can't wait until we don't have to watch calories in heaven! Congrats on the hard work that's paying off.

12 August, 2009 01:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home