My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

22 November 2009

New Experience

This weekend I had the privilege of going to the NW Church in Shoreline, WA. For those of you that know me, you know I am involved in an acapella praise group called enterPraise. We are a group of folks from the Portland Metro area that get invited to lead worship at various events and churches. This weekend we were invited to NW Church for the first ever Worship Festival. What an experience!

Yesterday morning we rehearsed with their praise band. What amazing talent they have. I was blessed to have my first praise band experience be with them. I loved how our 2 teams were able to work together to make our harmonies work. Then in the early afternoon we sat with folks from both their instrumental praise group and acapella praise group for some discussion time about how to help bring the congregation into the presence of God. Then the congregation was invited to come and learn 4 new songs. POTLUCK!!!! Our night ended with about 2 hours of worship, a little acepella and a little instrumental.

This morning we help lead both services and we were incredibly blessed to have spent that time with such an amazing group of brothers and sisters. I call this a new experience because for someone who grew up in an acapella tradition this was a step outside my norm and I have to admit it was fun. I always thought I would love singing with a praise band and this solidified it. There is a new energy when being able to experience what I did this weekend.

One caveat to this experience. I have attended instrumental services before and not felt the same. Why was this experience different? We had vocal harmonies. The services I have attended previously had only lead with a few points of harmony. I know this is mainly if not solely because contemporary Christian music covers harmonies with instruments instead of voices. I have always missed this piece. I grew up with harmony in my being and can't resist. I think it really enhances the fullness and beauty of these songs. So although I enjoyed it, I'm not sure I could experience that anywhere else.

My hope for the weekend is that the NW Church was as blessed by God's presence as I was. May the NW Church take the energy and vigor they worshiped with this weekend into their lives all the time. Thank you Lord for the experience to worship with a new group of brothers and sisters in Christ. It is great to meet new family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Megan said...

VERY proud of you.
Always...but especially now :)

23 November, 2009 05:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home