My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

19 January 2011

Food Blog #1

On Saturday I sat down with all of my recipes and tried to plan out what I would be cooking until my next paycheck. I came up with 7 recipes from my stash to make where I had a good amount of the ingredients or at least the protein part. So I made my shopping list and went on my major shopping trip on Sunday to get everything I would need. Still missing chicken, but got everything else. So Monday night I was determined to make a dish. I had some frozen chicken tenders that I put out to thaw so when I got home they would be ready for me.

Recipe #1: Chicken and Rice (c/o my mom, Cheryl Foster)
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken (I prefer boneless, skinless breasts)
1 can cream of chicken (low sodium if possible)
1 can cream of celery (low sodium if possible)
1 can cream of mushroom (low sodium if possible)
1 1/4 c rice (uncooked)
Melted Butter (I used Brummel & Brown made with Yogurt)

Oven Temp: 300 degrees                                                Cooking Time: 2 hours
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Spray non-stick spray in a 9x13 pan. In a large mixing bowl add all 3 soups and rice, mix well. When mixed pour into pan. Place chicken on top of the rice in rows. Pour melted butter on the top. Bake uncovered for 2 hours.

Serve with your favorite veggies.

Food Tip: Frozen Chicken Tenders are about 1 oz each. If a serving size is 3-4 oz, then 3-4 chicken tenders is your serving.

Enjoy and share any secrets or variations you might try.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home