My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

19 January 2011

Food Blog #2

On Monday night I was also so motivated to cook that I made a breakfast/dessert dish.  In the future I will have pictures to go with my recipe testing.

Recipe #2:  Baked Oatmeal (c/o family friend, Linda Bowers)
Ingredients:
1/2 c oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 c sugar
3 c quick oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c milk

Oven Temp: 350 degrees                  Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Mix oil, eggs & sugar until well blended. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes. 

Serve with fruit on top or I even put peanut butter on mine for some protein.

This can be mixed the night before if you are making it for breakfast and then you just put it in the oven in the morning.

Food Tip: I have been using extra virgin olive oil and it is not sticking together like a cake after being baked.  Doesn't taste bad, but not as cake-like as I would like.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home