My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

19 January 2011

Food Blog #4

I know what you're thinking.  Holy moly, this girl is cooking like crazy.  Well, I sort of am.  But tonight's dinner was a throw together.  I was posting so much that all of the sudden it was 8 and I hadn't had dinner yet.  I had some rice portioned out from the chicken and rice recipe from Monday so I heated that up.  The protein...Tilapia.  No picture tonight, wasn't necessarily pretty to look at and I sort of didn't remember since I wasn't originally going to post this throw together.  It turned out better than I thought, so here goes.

Recipe #4: Tilapia Taco
Ingredients:
1 Tilapia filet
1 whole wheat tortilla
cabbage (left over from Stuffed Cabbage Strata)
Mango Salsa (Costco)
Pappy's Seasoning (low sodium, from Fresno, CA now sold in WinCo)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Coat Tilapia with olive oil so the seasoning sticks.  Rub seasoning on the Tilapia.  Put a skillet on medium heat.  Cook Tilapia until flakes in chunks. (This was not my original intention, but I had the stove on medium-high heat and it was cooking faster than I was meaning to.)  Take tortilla and put the cabbage down the center, then the Tilapia, then the salsa.  Good lean protein.

Food Tip: Try using salsa as a salad dressing.  The Mango Salsa is great because it is sweet and can go with many things.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home