My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

23 January 2011

#5: Another Throw Together


So, it has been a few days due to the fact that I have been eating off of leftovers and then I was sick. Ugh!  I'm getting better but tonight was another throw together meal because I am trying not to go out to eat this week.  So what did I make?

Recipe #5: Mushroom and Cabbage Stir Fry
Ingredients:
1 pkg Gourmet Baby Bella Mushrooms (or any mushroom of your choice)
1 c green cabbage, chopped
1/4 sweet onion, chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 c Gourmet Sauce (Yoshida's)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

In a wok, heat olive oil over high heat.  Add minced garlic and chopped onion.  Saute until tender.  Add mushrooms and saute about 3-5 minutes.  Add chopped cabbage, stir and cover for 3-5 minutes.  Add gourmet sauce and cover for another 3-5 minutes.

I really eyeballed everything and even the timing is somewhat of a guess here.  I did not put it on top of anything however, it would be great over rice or if you had pre-cooked Japanese noodles you could add those toward the end.  I rather enjoyed it.  I hope you do too.

Food Tip: Mushrooms and cabbage create liquid when cooked, so when you cover the mixture it will create a steam to soften the cabbage.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home