My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

16 March 2011

#9: Beef Enchilada


Good Evening,
It's been a little while since I've posted a new recipe.  I have been repeating some especially the Coconut Curry Chicken, last night's dinner in fact.  I have also been perfecting my chili (non-spicy).  That recipe soon to come also.  But for tonight I tried my hand at Beef Enchilada's.  Turned out pretty good.

Recipe #9: Beef Enchilada
Ingredients
Olive Oil
1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c chopped onion
1 can Enchilada Sauce
6 Whole Wheat Tortilla's
Cheese

Directions:
Heat olive oil in skillet, add minced garlic and onion.  Cook until onion is transparent/sauteed.  Pour mixture in an 11" x 7" baking dish to set aside.  Put beef/turkey in skillet to brown.  Cook as directed by the taco seasoning package.  When you add the seasoning, mix well then add the onion and garlic mixture back in.  Let it simmer as directed by the package.  Put thin layer of enchilada sauce on bottom of baking dish.  Heat tortilla's just enough to make them more flexible (about 15 sec on the microwave). With each tortilla add meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese.  Roll and place in baking dish seam side down.  When all are in the pan top with the rest of the enchilada sauce and cover with cheese.  Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Top with cream cheese and salsa as desired.

I had enough meat mixture for 8 tortillas, so with the leftover I can have 2 meals of taco salad.  Enjoy!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home