My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

31 January 2011

#8: Cheronn's Faux Jambalaya

So, here we are, another week has begun.  I got paid Friday, but haven't gone grocery shopping yet and I'm still eating off of left-overs from the past 2 weeks.  However, I recognized that I needed to make something new so I will continue to have leftovers.  So, I looked at what I had in my cupboard and what protein I had to see if I could creates something.  What happened?  Another winner in my eyes.

Recipe #8: Cheronn's Faux Jambalaya
Ingredients:
Olive Oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c chopped green bell pepper
1 pkg Smoked Turkey Sausage
1 can black beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes (cut up tomato chunks)
3 c brown rice, cooked
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat olive oil in large skillet, add garlic, onion and green bell pepper to saute.  When the onion is cooked add diced smoked turkey sausage.  Cook for about 5-10 minutes to saute all flavors together.  Add drained black beans, tomato sauce, and stewed tomatoes.  To get all of the juices out of the cans, add water and dump into the skillet to add moisture. In a large stew pot add rice and mixture from skillet.  Heat to simmer for 15 minutes.  Let sit for 5 minutes so sauce will thicken.

I honestly don't know how much water I put in or how many servings this renders, but it is quite a bit.  The flavor from the sausage was enough for me so I didn't need to add any other spices.  You might mess with it to see if it is enough for you.

Health tip: Did you know that if you are tired in the middle of the day your best solution is to drink water.  And we should all be drinking about 8-10 glasses of water a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home