My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

26 January 2011

#7: Sloppy Joe Meat Loaf


Well, I was back at work today so I prepped a little last night for tonight's dinner.  This is another Biggest Loser Family Cookbook recipe.  I'm not sure what to make of it really.  I used ground turkey instead of beef and maybe that is the difference.  I cooked it 20 min longer than the recipe called for and it was quite liquidy and didn't hold together all that well.  The taste was ok, but I want to search for another recipe to try.  Looking at this picture, I evidently need to work on presentation. :)

Recipe #7: Sloppy Joe Meat Loaf (Biggest Loser Family Cookbook, p 149)
Ingredients:
2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 c + 1/2 c canned sloppy joe sauce
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 lb 96% lean ground beef
1/3 c minced green bell pepper
1/4 c finely chopped sweet onion
1 clove fresh garlic, minced

Oven Temp: 350 degrees                                            Cook Time: 30 minutes

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly mist a 9" x 5" x 3" nonstick loaf pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, 1/3 c + 1/4 c of the sloppy joe sauce, and the egg whites.  Let the mixture stand for 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften.  Add the beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic.  With a fork or clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.

Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread so that the top is flat.  Spread the remaining 1/4 c sloppy joe sauce evenly over the top.  Bake for 30 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink in the center.  Let sit for 10 minutes.  Cut into 8 slices and serve.

Health tip: Did you know that 1 lb equals 3500 calories.  So if you want to lose a lb a week you need to create a caloric deficit of 3500 calories.  If you divide it up into 6 days burning an extra 600 calories over your caloric in-take each day, you will lose a lb a week.  It's all in the math.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home