My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

25 January 2011

#6: Curried Coconut Chicken


So, I'm working from home today and decided to take my lunch break to make my dinner since it takes a little while.  I made this around Christmas for the 1st time and it is a winner if you like coconut and you have to like curry in order to make it.  And you have to be willing for your house to smell like curry for a while.  I found this on allrecipes.com by ROMA.

Recipe #6: Curried Coconut Chicken
Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
1 teaspoon salt & pepper, or to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used minced garlic)
1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
1 can (14.5 ounce) stewed, diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
3 tbsp sugar

Directions:
1. Slice your onion, season chicken with salt & pepper.

2. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes (I do 5 min. based on a recommendation on allrecipe.com).  This creates a paste  Stir in onions & garlic and cook for 1 minute more (I do 10 min based on same recommendation).  Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil/paste.  Reduce heat to medium and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center (about 7-10 minutes).

3. Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar into the pan and stir to combine.  Simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30-40 min (I do recommended 50-60 minutes).

Serve over rice.

This is delicious and is even great re-heated.  I reduced my chicken to about 1 1/4 lbs and it is still enough chicken.

Food Tip: Rice makes a great substitute for pasta in a pinch or if you are decreasing carbs.  Rice is a complex carb which is better for you, especially if you use brown.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

coconut isn't my style... but erica made a nice shrimp pasta last night... that's a new one for us

25 January, 2011 14:55  
Blogger Cheronn said...

Yeah, you definitely have to like curry and coconut to make this one.

25 January, 2011 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home