My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

13 April 2011

#10: Homemade Chili

Ok, so it's been almost a month since my last recipe.  I've unfortunately been eating out a bit more or just throwing whatever I can together.  But here is my latest that has turned out really well.  So, I've been just throwing various canned beans together, but had not found out the right seasoning to make it good.  One night I had some left over taco meat and was making bean soup/chili so I threw it in.  Success!!!!  Now for the recipe.

Recipe #10: Homemade Chili
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey (can use ground beef, but be sure to drain the fat off)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 can white kidney beans, drained
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1 package of taco seasoning
Olive oil

Directions:
Prepare ground turkey as directed on the taco seasoning packet.  In a soup pot heat some olive oil and saute the onion.  After the onion is cooked add the cans of beans and corn to heat.  You will want to add some water, so use water to rinse out the cans to get all of the flavor in the chili.  When the taco meat is done, add to beans and heat until hot through, probably about 15 minutes at a nice boil.  Serve hot with cheese, sour cream, chips, etc.

I have enough of this for taking as lunch for a few days.  It would definitely feed a full family, with possibly some leftover.  Enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home