My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

27 April 2011

#12: Yosemite Hash Variation

Alright.  Have you ever wondered what to do with those leftover baked potatoes.  I mean come on, you can only eat so many at one time and they go bad sitting in your pantry.  So, here is a solution to that pesky problem.  (Sorry, no picture tonight.)

Well this dish was created by my grandmother, if I'm not mistaken, in Yosemite of all places.  When my mom was growing up and they went to Yosemite at the end of the week they would just mix what they had left from the dishes through the week.  That amounted to baked potatoes, onions and SPAM.  Oh yeah, I said SPAM.  My mom still makes it this way and it is delicious, but I switched out the meat for mine tonight. 

Recipe #12: Yosemite Hash Variation
Ingredients:
1 pkg Turkey Keilbasa
4 Baked Potatoes, cooled
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Saute onion and garlic in skillet/wok with olive oil for about 2 minutes.  Add cubed baked potato and mix well to coat with olive oil, cook for about 5 minutes.  Add Turkey Keilbasa cut into bite sized pieces and mix well.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Cook until thoroughly heated, about 20 minutes depending on the stove temperature.

Hint:  The baked potatoes really need to be cold or they will turn to mush.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home