My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

21 November 2012

Such a Whirlwind

Well, it has almost been a full week since I got a call from my mom with the words, "It's cancer." My heart dropped, but mom sounded pretty good so I kept upbeat with her on phone. Needless to say as soon as I hung up the phone I through it on my couch and said, "bleep." Sometimes there are just no other words for me and this was one of them. The waterworks started then. I immediately texted a friend and then emailed my church family to ask for prayers. A friend and neighbor showed up at my door soon after the email was sent and I was able to have a shoulder to cry on.

While this is not completely about me, my thoughts quickly went to the fact that I am single and don't have someone at home to comfort me through this. Yes, my friends are there for me, but it is hard to be completely vulnerable. And yes I have God and I pray that I will feel his arms around me when I'm really low, as I'm sure it will happen.

The next day we found out more details. It is the best kind of breast cancer and the most treatable. My mom's insurance is covering all that needs to be covered and she has the best surgeon in the Central Valley of CA. Ok, some good news mixed in with the bad. 

In the meantime, my older sister-in-laws mother had a small stroke. Turns out it was her 3rd. REALLY!!! WHAT IS GOING ON? So, while my brother and sister-in-law have each other, they both have mother's dealing with new health issues. Then I find out that my younger brother and his entire family have the flu. Ugh! Ok God, I'm single and can only deal with my mom. However, I love each and every one of these people in my life so I kinda feel like I got with all 3. At least emotionally.

Yesterday mom had a full body scan to make sure the cancer is confined to the areas already identified. So again we get to wait for results. This also means that breast cancer is now part of my family history so I have emailed my doctor just to make sure I know what to expect going forward. My doctor suggested going to the Susan G. Komen website for information and that for now I just monitor myself. I read the words Susan G. Komen and again my heart dropped. Wow. Another reality check as to what we are dealing with now. I checked out the risk factors and was shocked by 2, having kids after 35 and never having kids. Well, either way I qualify there. 

So I write this to ask for prayers from friends and family. Right now I don't want other peoples advice, if I want it I'll ask for it. Prayers are what is needed and requested right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda M said...

Cheronn, I wish there was more to do to bring you comfort and ease the hardships you have here. You know that your friends are praying -- the best medicine! Believe that worry will be a part of your life, but only you can, in the name of Jesus, refuse to allow it to take hold of your life. Your mom is in good hands; live in faith. I love you. You aren't alone.

21 November, 2012 18:05  
Blogger Dawnette Thomas said...

Praying. Available for a chat at ANY tome.

21 November, 2012 22:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home