My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

07 December 2012

Better News

So it has been a few weeks since I found out about my mom's cancer. Yesterday my mom had an appointment with the oncologist to find out the results of her body scan and figure out the next steps. So good news...the cancer is contained to the 3 spots they biopsied. But next steps include a lot of doctor appointments including one to get a port for the chemo treatment to be administered through. Her first chemo treatment will be next week. Then she will have a treatment every 3 weeks for 3 months for a total of 4 treatments. The idea of this will shrink the cancer before her surgery in March. So, prayers are still wanted and much appreciated.

Other good news is on the financial front. As I have been absorbing this next chapter in my family's life I was hearing "cha-ching" in my mind with the medical bills start adding up. So many different appointments and procedures. I started wondering what that meant for me and my brothers and helping our parents. Not that any of us have the finances to really do anything, but it is our mom. Well, my folks got some advice while talking to their doctor's office the week after Thanksgiving. Apparently in CA, there is a program to help financially if you qualify. What does it take to qualify?
   1. Live in CA
   2. Be a woman
   3. Have insurance with a high deductible or no insurance
   4. Have a diagnosis breast cancer (or another one I'm forgetting)

Can you say...yes, yes, yes, yes. So earlier this week my folks applied for this assistance. Oh, did I mention what that assistance is?!? 100% paid medical expenses of what insurance will not cover. Praise God! So, that is the focus of prayers right now. That mom will be accepted and receive this next blessing. 

Mom has also found out that a woman we have known for years has been diagnosed also. She is thinking they can be "cancer buddies." Only they will know what each other is feeling at any given point in this process. God will use these women for greatness during this time in their lives. 

Thank you for all your prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawnette Thomas said...

Answered prayers so far. Will add the finances to the prayer list. God is strong, and He created His children to be as well.

07 December, 2012 23:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home