My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

13 February 2013

Update on Life

Well, my sweet mother is 1/2 way through chemo. Great news is that the 3 tumors are shrinking. They were shown to be shrinking between her 2nd and 3rd treatments. Bad news. CANCER SUCKS!!

Ok, so now that I've gotten that out. Because my mom's body is handling the chemo so well (said while rolling my eyes) they added 2 treatments for a total of 6. I know 6 is good compared to what others go through, but my mom is tired all the time now and has commented that it is getting harder. She has no energy to do anything for long. She even tried to clean a bathroom and was wiped out. So what at the beginning was 1 week down and lower energy than normal for 2 weeks before the next treatment has become 3 weeks down then another treatment. Her next treatment is tomorrow...Valentine's Day. Not that Valentine's is really any different than any other day, but it just sucks.

And here's the worst for me...I can't be there to help out. My younger brother and sister-in-law are the ones there, in person, helping and guiding where needed. My sister-in-law has organized food and people to be with my mom for about a week after treatment while dad is at work, but she has 2 little ones too.

Thank you to all who continue to be prayer warriors for my mom. Right now if you could pray specifically that her spirits can be lifted. Only 3 treatments left and then the next phase of surgery begins, which I imagine will be a little less difficult only because she won't be tired from poison being put in her body. Please lift my dad also. I can only imagine how helpless he feels toward his true love right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home