My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

09 May 2013

My Name





How does one pronounce my name? Well, it is not Sharon nor Sherone. The best I can say is shir-on or sure-on. People have asked if it is French? Not that I'm aware of. The spelling is half my mom's name and half my dad's name, Cheryl and Don, thus Cher-on. However, my mom thought people might say Sharon so she added the last 'n' to help with that. Nice try, but I still get Sharon sometimes.

So that is the spelling but where did they get the enunciation?!? Good question. So my dad knew someone in college with the name however spelled differently. I've always known this fact, but never knew how she spelled it or even what she looked like. Enter the world of Facebook. My mom was recently contacted by this "mystery" woman. My mom asked if she knew that "they" (she and my dad) had named me after her. She replied yes and then asked if we knew the meaning. I have searched for a very long time for a meaning to my name, to no avail. But now... get ready for this one...

"The ferryman that brings souls to safety."

How cool is that?!? As a Christian this is a perfect reminder of what God calls us to do. God is our ultimate safety and I am supposed to be a vessel to bring others to Him. Ah! I love it.

So...what does your name mean?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

Well, this is news to me. I thought it rhymed with bologna.

18 May, 2013 11:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home