My Song of Life

God has given me a song and it is my life. I hope you enjoy reading how He has blessed me and how He can bless you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Battle Ground, Washington, United States

Music is a huge part of who I am. I love singing and feel God has blessed me with a voice to use for His glory.

12 June 2019

Lots of Life

Over the last few years coffee shops have become a second home.  I love reading and am often found at a coffee shop reading, for pleasure or studying.  This last Friday I was sitting in a local coffee shop.  While sitting there a rain storm moved through.  The large spring rain drops beat the windows and I couldn't help but smile.  I decided it was time to head back to my apartment.  After getting home I decided to sit on my small back porch, snuggled in a sweatshirt and continue reading.  

The rain had stopped and the skies turned brighter as the dark clouds moved away.  Soon the skies turned dark again and the rain moved in.  I was safe from the rain on my porch even with the wind moving the rain in sheets around me.  This cycle happened many times while I sat there and at one point there was even thunder.  I live near mountains and the mountains would disappear with each storm that rolled through.  Then in early evening the clouds parted to the west letting the sunset light shine on the bright green trees with the very dark clouds behind.  What a beautiful contrast. 



As this cycle of darkness and light, disappearing and reappearing mountains, rain and sun, and the sound of rain and the silence that follows a voice in my heart began speaking very loudly.  I was reminded that there are times in our life when it feels as though we are in darkness and wonder when or if the light will shine again or the path we thought we were to take disappears and we wonder when it will reappear, where our lives are so full of sound when will there be peaceful silence?  

God has given many promises in His Word.  
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."

I am also reminded of the poem Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson (1936).  Most have probably heard it or a version of it.  But the last stanzas read:
       
“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

The storms I sat through on my back porch made me smile because I knew they would pass quickly and the sun would shine.  It reminded me that even through hard times when I don't feel like they will end, God will carry me and he promises to be with me through everything. I need to lean into Him through darkness and light.

If you are in the midst of darkness, disappearing paths, or can't quiet your spirit because of the noise that bombards you know you are not alone.  Ask for help from God your creator and allow Him to bring people into your life that can walk beside you and support you. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Tucknell said...

Beautiful, thought-provoking words, Cheronn! Darkness and light, ups and downs, we all have them and it's easy to forget that God is with us through it all. Don't stop writing!!

13 June, 2019 07:48  
Blogger Polly Foster said...

I love your metaphors. And that picture needs to be a Costco canvas!

15 June, 2019 23:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home